Monday, December 05, 2005

And so it begins...

My first blog will just simply be an introduction. My name is Shaheen Matuni. I’m happily married to the most beautiful person in the whole wide world or at least in my eyes anyway. I’m a very laid back guy which enjoys just chillin with friends at a baseball game as you can see. I value relationships and that is one of the reasons I have decided to start bloggin. I like this idea of putting my thoughts out there for people to soak up. I am very much a thinker/analyzer. Sometimes I come up with something and I would like to express that opinion to others. Well, I enjoy many things. I enjoy spending time with my best friend…my wife. We have a great deal of fun together and I’m very thankful for her. I think I will devote an entire blog to her so look for it.

I enjoy listening to music, preferably vocal trance that I stream from iTunes. I think the station is DI.fm which is digitally imported. I’m listening to that right now! Well, I used to play some serious baseball, but that became time consuming and over the years I have gotten a little “outta shape.” So now, I’m a cyber athlete instead of a real one. I love Halo for Xbox and Call of Duty for PC. If you enjoy playing…look for Shigeru. I love studying technology and I have become, without realizing it, a geek. A friend and I were discussing some of the finer points of Microsoft’s Terminal Service Client and noticed that our wives were eating dirt. Well, no they weren’t eating dirt but there faces suggested so. Tech talk is not good for common discussion (note to self) Oh, neither is gaming talk.

I value friendships and relationships very much. I do not take them lightly. It is for this reason I have decided to start my own blog. I want my friends to be able to know what I’m up to and at the same time tell the world about the amazing people in my life. Over the months I would like to dedicate an entire blog to each of my closest friends. I think people should know what kind of people I surround myself with. That will hopefully tell you a lot about me. Well, today is Turkey Day so I will be short, but look for good things to come…

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Hey Shaheen, welcome to blog land! Glad to have ya!

Here are some tips if you'd like them:

1. To increase your blog traffic go to www.blogexplosion.com (termed B.E.)and sign up. Surf other people's blogs and other people, in-turn, come to your blog. They are, of course, strangers so you would have to not mind strangers reading your blog. When I really want something to be put out there, or to get opinions on something, I surf B.E. Usually it brings about 60 readers in a day to my site.

2. In the side colums of your blog you can put links to other people's blogs (or other sites of interest). If you don't know how to do this just let me know and I'll give you the HTML code format to use (it's quite easy).

3. There are all kinds of fun little things you can do to your blog to jazz it up -- this includes free polls (www.pollhost.com), Flickr.com for pictures, and Weatherpixie.com

4. The more you update your blog, the more readers you will have.

Anyways, I like your first post! Gotta love it when people realize the value of friendships and relationships.

Take care!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home