Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Love of My Life


Let’s begin my friend proclamations by letting me describe to you my best friend. I met this woman about 12 years ago. I didn’t know who she was until 6 years ago. I didn’t start getting to know her until 4 years ago. I didn’t ask her to marry me until 1 year ago and i’ve been in heaven on earth since about 5 months ago. I have met no one like her in my 25 years in this world. I like to call her Mrs. Matuni because I’m infatuated with my own name and the idea that I changed hers. Let’s talk about the type of person she is…

Shannon is the absolute sweetest person I have ever met. She is pure in every since. The thing I like about her the most is her innocence. She is the greatest form love could ever take. She is an elementary school teacher and often times her students accidentally call her mom. She never has a bad day. I mean….never. She never wakes up in a bad mood. She doesn’t get mad indirectly at other things. She never takes aggression out because she has none. I’m telling you…she isn’t human.

I love being in her presence. She brings this warmth that I cannot describe. Some of the things we enjoy doing together are talking, watching movies, talking, playing tennis, talking, going out to eat where we can talk, talking, and finally we enjoy just sitting around and talking. We are very connected. I feel like I experience two worlds everyday. I know quite a bit about her day and I never get tired of her telling me. I’ve seen her work and she is absolutely awesome. She is an excellent teacher. She is definitely doing God’s will. Some of the things that Shannon likes to do are…surfing the internet, talking to friends, watching lifetime, Oprah, and Dr. Phil. She also loves sleeping!! Oh my, she is like a cat…only awake like 10 hours a day. Oh my!!

Shannon is the type person that will help anyone. She likes to go to nursing homes on her days off. I mean…who does that??? Well, my wife is not of this world. If you have a chance to be her friend you will not regret it. Shannon has two gears…fast and park. You can’t slow her down or you can’t get her going. Shannon has her own vocabulary. Let me give you a few of the words she uses…Favorite: meaning the thing I most recently liked. Medium: basically in the middle, not necessarily referring to size. Big Trees: meaning what was said is not worth repeating if you didn’t hear it. Bomb: anything that makes a loud noise. These are just a few of them. Well, I could talk about my wife forever, but the main thing to remember about my wife is that I’m not the only one talking about how awesome she is. She is leaving a beautiful hand print on this world and those that are touched will never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home