Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Mind


Memories, so unlimited,

Memories that are intimate,

A gift from the One who created us,

A fire to the one who tames us,

It encapsulates our cynosure,

Treacherous in times of exposure,

Unbelieving during juvenescence,

Unyielding during senescence,

A wall in times of innovation,

A flood in times of deprivation,

Amusement collaborating with creativity,

Worry manifesting calamity,

Uncharted are the lands we go,

How different from what we show,

Tendencies are what we study,

Yet the science is still quite muddy,

There are more factions than one can bear,

More places than one can stare,

I do not seek, but yet I find,

There is something magnificent about the mind


---Shaheen Matuni

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely Great Shaheen....I'm waiting for the published version in Book Form...Let me know

7:17 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Wow Sheen...it's a little deep in thought don't ya think?? Man, I have an intelligent husband.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Totally awesome poem, Shaheen! Keep 'em coming! :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

I think he stole the poem!! I haven't known da shig to come up with stuff like this!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you don't know what the Shig is capable of!!!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home