Sunday, February 05, 2006

Plug In and Re-Charge


GNO is “Girls Night Out” and took shape about 4 or 5 months ago. Basically, all of my friend’s wives that are capable and available meet about once a month at a picked destination. My wife enjoys these times and I really enjoy it for her. I’m not able to be home much at night when she is home and I hate that after a long hard day’s work, she has to come home to nothing. It’s a great thing that Shanille started and I wish the guys could get together as well. I don’t know if that will ever be possible for me however. I can normally get together with 2 or 3 friends at a time, but these girls usually get about 6 – 9 girls in attendance and I think it’s wonderful. Plus, I get to hear about my friends through Shannon and all the gossip that goes on. What makes me sad is that Shannon can stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning when all these girls get together, but if we’re together, I’m lucky to keep her up till 11! Anyways, they are having fun right now and probably talking about some stupid shopping experience they had, but at least they get to talk.

I think it’s very important that we plug into our roots every once in awhile and get recharged and that is what this type of environment will allow. I enjoy going home to the country and talking with my family. I enjoy playing with the cats because I don’t have any and my mom has enough for everyone in my apt complex. I enjoy walking to my grandmother’s house to have a chat. I enjoy doing the same thing with my uncle and aunt. I enjoy sitting down at a card table to throwing down some 42 or moon while talking about a trip to Arkansas. I enjoy going by friends’ houses and hanging out, talking about stories of when we grew up. To me, that is what I call plugging in and recharging. If you haven’t plugged in lately then you should start making plans.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful when you plug in that you aren't wet or you will get shocked!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

Who is this anonymous? State your name!!! Coward!

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...ddubbed

4:25 AM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

It is what I do!!! I am still calling you out coward anonymous!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home