Sunday, December 18, 2005

Speeding Tickets


Speeding tickets….a scam if I ever saw one. Not only are most speeding tickets given to simply boost income, they are ridiculously expensive. I recently got a speeding ticket for going 61 in a 50 inside the wonderful town of Argyle. Now, I think this is a speed trap designed by this pitiful town in order to give them enough money to raise their stupid flag. You enter the town with a speed limit of 60 and then a quarter mile down the road it drops to 50. This speed limit expires a half mile down the road and jumps up to 65! If that isn’t suspicious enough…the 50 mile/hr stretch is right in front of the courthouse. You wouldn’t know this was a courthouse because it looks like an old western bar.

Oh and I’m no longer being nice to cops. My experience shows that all this does is make it easier for the cop to write you a ticket. So from now on…I’ll leave my dome light off! I’ll leave my window up! I’ll put my hands where they can’t see em! I’ll give them the info they request and have the best smart allic remark for when they ask you the stupid question. They always ask a dumb question. Where you headed in such in a hurry? Are you aware of the speed limit? Since nothing I do gets me off on a warning…and I don’t believe in the reason behind speeding tickets, every time I get stopped, I will make it the most uncomfortable, most humiliating experience I can for the police officer. I won’t break any laws, but I’m tired of police officers handing you a $150 ticket for going 10 mph over the speed limit on an empty road and then telling you to have a nice day as if they don’t speed themselves. That night, we were having a discussion. The cop and I agreed that there was no reason to have a land line because you can save money. I told him since I was recently married I needed to save as much money as I could so we only had cell phones and he still handed me an unnecessary ticket. If my wife had been in the car, I promise she would have gotten a warning. I’m sick of it!!! Sorry, I think I’m getting madder the more I write. I’ll stop now.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mr. President said...

I Love ARGYLE!!!!!!!!! Don't be a hater.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hate tickets too. I've never had one but you have had plenty for the both of us. I guess I shouldn't be proud of this but I have gotten out of 7 tickets. You need to take lessons from me. LOL

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what happens when you mess with the admin and his blog!!!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

Hate the admin... HE IS A DEMOCRAT.....

This is what he flipped flopped on. Take a gander at this.

So take a gander through my eyes and let me know if my vision is ok.

I let the aka admin that his vision was not ok and he deleted my clean and truthful comment.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purpose of your comment was purely to belittle my post with no abstraction of your own. I will not tolerate this slanderous activity on MY BLOG! Keep it up and you will be banned!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

In my opinion I feel that Shigeru is wrong about the speed limit dropping drastically.... I feel that the speed limit is set to help protect the community from dangerous drivers that go 11 mph over the speed limit. I feel that the law is the law and that no matter who you are you should receive a fair enough punishment for breaking the law. I do agree that Shigeru is right that it is not fair that girls do drive away with more warnings than tickets. This is a part of the system that is flawed. All should be treated as equal.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also add Mr. President that speeding tickets are purely political and do very little to improve the safety of the community. When was the last time you slowed down because you were worried about getting a speeding ticket? You slowed down only if you thought there might be a cop. On that faithful night I did not see this noob. Will I speed again? You bet your bottom dollar! Oh, isn't you Mr. President who owns a radar detector? Dealth with!!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

Oh by the way I feel that you are being a pharisee about this whole blog thing..... Legalistic... A blog doesn't have to be about my views and opinions. It can also be about my knowledge. My knowledge stems from me because my brain is a part of me which in essence is what you want... something from the writer.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

The radar detector was a gift... I didn't want to throw it away or not us it because I might offend the giver of the gift. Oh wait... I am not sure if shigeru would approve of this post because it is all facts and no real opinions about myself???????

Can I post it without it getting sensored????????/

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reffering to my former blog "Lions Roar"

ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAR!

The Kibosh!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home