Thursday, December 29, 2005

Resolutions


Well, whatcha got for me? These past 2 weeks have been great. Shannon has been home and we have had a blast. We have gone to many get togethers, dinners, social gatherings, family outings, luncheons, brunches, fiestas, and bahmitzfas. Bahmitzfas? I dunno….but anywho. It really has been a most enjoyable break. I had put the word out early that I might want an Ipod nano for Christmas and through all my family gatherings, I was able to attain enough gift cards for Best Buy to get me one. However, they are sold out of the 4GB nanos so I will have to be a little more patient.

On to New Year’s resolutions and what they are for me. Well, my number 1 goal for next year is to lose some weight and get myself into shape. I know, I know, that is a pretty common goal, but I’m going to take it very seriously. I’m cutting out cokes, desserts, and fast food and the running shall commence. I have some other goals as well which include getting all A’s or at least a B+ in my final semester of school. My GPA is 3.55 right now and I was told that if I can stay above 3.5 then I can graduate with honors or magma cum laude. I dunno about all that, but I’m going to give it a whirl.

Another very important goal of mine for next year is something I received straight from the Top. God spoke to me one day and told me that I should never, ever go through life without telling the people that helped me how much they are appreciated. I was doing a prayer walk and I started to think about my life and how happy I am with Shannon and the place we live. It was then that my former minister Ed Lowe came to mind. I remembered at the moment that without him I wouldn’t be here. I know that God used him to help me and that is when God told me how much of a shame it would be for me to have so much gratitude in my heart and Ed never know about it. Well, he isn’t the only that has affected me in some way so I want to constantly let those people know how much they mean to me. I’ll have quite a few other goals this year, but those are going to be paramount. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I can't believe my break is over. I've had a lot of fun these past two weeks with you. Now then, are you ready for some running? Let's get into shape. Meet ya out front in 10 minutes.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaargg!!! Bring on the pain!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

Run forest Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GPA of 3.55! Not bad at all, however, in order to stay above 3.5 you will have to be CLUTCH!!!

Can you do it? We will soon find out!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mr. President said...

Oh yeah. I almost forgot...

You should have waited for the 4GB Nano!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home