Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Beautiful Picture


I know what you are going to say after reading this blog. “You have already told us this…over and over and over. We get the point!!!” However, when you love something so much you can’t stop talking about it, then you will fail in the attempts to silence me. I’ve got a light and I’m going to let it shine!!!!

Do you really know how special Shannon is?? Right now, take a minute and gather whatever opinion you have of her. Let me tell you that her awesomeness has no bounds. She is an absolute beauty inside and out. We have nearly been married for 1 year now, but we have been together at least 4 ½. Today we talked for 3 hours on the couch about nonsense and I have so much fun with her. She is my best friend by far. I can tell her anything. When I hear she is coming to be with me, wherever I am, I get that same feeling inside that I would get when I was in 1st grade and my mom would pull up to pick me up from my first day of school. She is a very special person.

Her students, along with their parents, have come to realize this as well. She had a wonderful first year. She has touched lives. She has had at least 4 parents tell her how much she meant to their child and how thankful they are that she was their child’s teacher. I bet if you asked her if she plans to achieve her career goals, she would tell you that she already has been. I bet if she never taught another year, she could say she was overfilled with the amount of love her students gave her. She really is a great teacher. I saw her teach at least 7 times last year. She is an artist. I just love the fact that I get her for the rest of our lives.

“Dear Lord…thank you so much for giving me this life. I may never invent anything that will carry my name forever. I may never lead armies or become president of a huge company. I am blessed to have this wife that You have given me and hopefully with Your guidance, I’ll be able to touch lives like she does. I pray that my kids and my kids’ kids have a life like mine and meet a person like Shannon. She is one of a kind. Thank you.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very special couple indeed. It's so nice to hear a husband say outloud how much he loves his wife and you do it with perfection. I couldn't agree with you more about Shannon, but you both know how much I Love You Both! God will indeed Bless You the rest of your Lives. Always Believe that "You" can do anything you want, just "Ask"!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home