Sunday, March 26, 2006

Moment of Pause

I watched the sunrise this morning outside in the cool fresh air. I was listening to my nano and one of my favorite songs, Janeiro, by Solid Sessions. If you know me, then you would know that I am quite the thinker. This isn’t to be associated with being smart, merely that I spend much time in thought. I like to freeze moments in my mind. Whenever I encounter something that awes me, then I take a mental picture so to speak. I spend a few minutes not thinking about anything other than right now. I have collected an album over my time in this world and when I’m feeling down or mundane I call one up. It helps me. These pictures I capture in my head don’t only place an image in my head, but everything, everything about that moment. How I feel, what I hear, what I smell, and what I’m doing are the things I’m trying to encapsulate because in those moments I’m happy or at peace. I guess it’s a form of meditation and reflection. I recommend it. It’s kind of like in that movie Saving Private Ryan when Tom Hanks is asked to share his story about his wife and the rose bushes. He said “No, that one I save for me.” Those moments really aren’t worth telling a story because there isn’t one. It’s just a moment in time that you remember being at peace.

A couple weeks ago, one of Shannon’s friends told me that I would be the ideal type of person to get my Master’s degree. I hadn’t thought about it much but in the last 2 years I have been changing. I’m finding more and more beauty in learning. I won’t share my opinions about college because if you knew them then you would wonder why I would want to get my Master’s. I just feel it is more of a quest. Not a quest for truth. I have that. I just enjoy learning. However, it isn’t decided that I will do this. I don’t really have the money for it and I know Shannon has expressed wanting to get her Master’s way before I did. I would love for both of us to be able to do it. We should both get our PhD’s and then no matter what you did, you would have to say Dr. Matuni. Ha!! And then there were two! He he he. I’m not sure what I would get my Master’s in, but its kind of fun thinking about it. I could easily see myself as being a college professor someday, but I dunno. I might like the teenagers so much I would never leave them. Time will tell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home