Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fork in the Road


Shannon and I ask for your prayers. We are facing one of the biggest decisions in our lives together up to this point. Whatever decision we make will determine quite a bit of our futures. We are literally torn between which path we should take. We are in some serious prayer. See the complication is this. We want to get our Master’s degree, but if we move back home then that is not likely an option. The school in that area does not offer the same programs. There are quite a few more details that I will not disclose, but up until last week we were certain that we were moving back home to be near friends and family, but now we are not so sure. We actually made an ad/disadvantage chart last night and if you could have seen it. They both have really good advantages along with some costly disadvantages. The decision is quite unclear. We are in constant prayer for this and we ask that you will pray as well. Shannon asked me last night "Which way are you leaning Shaheen?" I replied, "I'm not."

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr. President said...

You should take the road that goes to the "Right." It looks safer.

You and Shan are in a very critical stage in your life. Major Decision Time! Know this though, God will direct your steps. He also will never give you anything that you can't handle.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you guys and yall's difficult decision.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Yay!! The decision has been made...I'm so excited.

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why you up at 4 in the morning SHAN???

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home