Wednesday, December 21, 2005

When It Rains...It Pours


Just a while back Shannon started experiencing car problems. It really was just some gauge issues that needed to be looked at. We took the car back to her hometown dealer to take a look at what the problem was. Apparently the computer was bad and needed to be replaced or fixed or whatever. So her car was has been in Alvarado for about a 1 ½ weeks and her parents were gracious enough to loan us their Cadillac until it was ready. Well, after a couple days with the Caddy, Shan noticed that it made an awful sound when she braked. She had me test it, and I confirmed it. It was awful. : ( So from there we had to take the caddy to the shop. We got that back yesterday and we took my car into the shop because it needed to be serviced. Last night, my graphics card got fried because I was killing too many Germans…(it’s a game a I play ; ) ) So I had to order another card, which is a little better than the one I had before. All in all, there are some other problems that I will need to fix that I am having to triage. This happening at Christmas and 1 month before I have to buy a ton of books for my last semester of college has been rough. Shan is very good at showing me and reminding me how God has blessed us and even in the midst of all these shortcomings…He definitely has. Shan’s dad found the warranty information on her car that the dealer claimed we didn’t buy and immediately $1100 was erased. Halleluiah! Also would like to remind you that we did have use of the Caddy and at least one working car these past two weeks. We will survive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there man. These trials will build you and Shannon up. It's good to have little things like this to pull you together in your first year of marriage. That said, you will certainly look back at them and be glad to be on the other side!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home