Monday, March 20, 2006

Ali (2001)

I don’t know if you guys saw this movie when it came out, but I watched it again the other day. My rating of the movie as a whole was good, but the reason I have chosen to blog about it is due to one thing that I really loved about it. I really loved the introduction to this movie. It’s probably one of the best I’ve seen.

The introduction is about 25 minutes long and is a short story in itself. I liked the music, the camera work, and the overall feel for it. As a matter of fact, I like to just watch the introduction and then turn it off. The intro is complete. It has setting, plot, and climax. I also think Smith did a great job portraying Ali or maybe he didn’t, but I didn’t know Ali and I like the one Smith played in the movie. I don’t mean to get into the views of Ali, just how well I feel Smith played this character. If you haven’t seen this movie, then at least watch the first 25 minutes and maybe you will find the same poetic beauty that I did.

A couple things you might not know, but I realize after watching it completely is that Levar Burton and Paul Rodriguez have roles in it. If you watch it again, look for them. They are not easy to point out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home